• (401) 254-3413 The Director of wellness Education, Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Coordinator while the scholar Health and Wellness Educators (HAWEs) together offer training and help to Roger Williams University pupils in keeping a lifestyle that is healthy. The HAWES educate the RWU community about liquor along with other medications, safe intercourse and wellness that is general. Through programs, 1-1 conferences and academic promotions they motivate people to develop the physical, psychological, social, intellectual and religious proportions of self and then make alternatives toward a far more successful and existence that is healthier. Types of their programs and initiatives consist of:
- The Alcohol Incident Referral (AIR) Program -A Brief Alcohol Screenings In university pupils (BASICS) model. Pupils violating liquor or other drug usage policies are sanctioned to accomplish the atmosphere system.
- Workshops and Presentations (liquor as well as other medications, Nutrition, Stress, intimate wellness)
- Individual Consultations/Wellness Coaching
- Site Library
- Campus Promotions and Prevention Strategies
- AlcoholEdu – mandated Freshmen on the web system
- Nationwide, Regional and RWU scholar Alcohol and Other Drug utilize information Collection and research
- Personal Norm Marketing Strategies
- Analysis and Advertising Internships
Center for Student Development, area 220 • (401) 254-3156 Roger Williams University Health solutions is devoted to supplying undergraduate pupils quality medical care and condition prevention in a fashion that exhibits compassion, professionalism, and quality.